Celebrations as staff at a retirement service are shortlisted for awards
- Credit: Archant
Staff and residents at a March retirement service are celebrating after being shortlisted in two categories at a national award scheme.
The team at Sanctuary Retirement Living’s Jubilee Court entered the 2020-21 Great British Care Awards.
Hayley Massey, who works as a Wellbeing and Inclusion Assistant, was shortlisted for the Care Home Activity Organiser award for the East of England Region.
She was nominated for her fun and engaging approach to organising resident activities and events.
Meanwhile, the entire Jubilee team was shortlisted for the Housing with Care award for their efforts in looking after resident needs given the additional challenges of lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Suhail Chaudhry said: “I am so proud of Hayley and the whole Jubilee Court team for being shortlisted for two awards.
“Covid-19 and lockdown has been challenging in many ways, so it’s great to have this recognition of the team’s hard work, and I’m sure it will lift everyone’s spirits.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
The awards ceremony is currently planned for April 2021 at the East of England arena.
Sanctuary Retirement Living also has properties in Doddington, Ely and Soham.