Care home resident gets crafty with help from pen pals
- Credit: Archant
A resident at a March care home has been getting crafty with support from her pen pals.
Maureen Almond, who lives at Jubilee Court, has been writing to a mother and daughter, named Mags and Phoebe, as part of the Postcards of Kindness initiative.
Recently, Phoebe sent Maureen instructions on how to make her own sock bunny, which she enjoyed following with support from the team at Jubilee Court.
Mags and Phoebe also sent a postcard to the team saying a big thank you for all their hard work.
Hayley Massey, wellbeing and inclusion assistant, said: “It’s a great initiative to keep people connected and Maureen has formed a real bond with her pen pals.
You may also want to watch:
“She really enjoyed following Phoebe’s instructions and has done an amazing job making her sock bunny.”
For more details about the scheme, visit their Facebook page.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 8 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 9 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal