Care home resident gets crafty with help from pen pals
- Credit: Archant
A resident at a March care home has been getting crafty with support from her pen pals.
Maureen Almond, who lives at Jubilee Court, has been writing to a mother and daughter, named Mags and Phoebe, as part of the Postcards of Kindness initiative.
Recently, Phoebe sent Maureen instructions on how to make her own sock bunny, which she enjoyed following with support from the team at Jubilee Court.
Mags and Phoebe also sent a postcard to the team saying a big thank you for all their hard work.
Hayley Massey, wellbeing and inclusion assistant, said: “It’s a great initiative to keep people connected and Maureen has formed a real bond with her pen pals.
You may also want to watch:
“She really enjoyed following Phoebe’s instructions and has done an amazing job making her sock bunny.”
For more details about the scheme, visit their Facebook page.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government