March charity Eddie’s helps launch new Co-op in Waterbeach
- Credit: © Tim George/ UNP 0845 600 7737
A petrol filling station store in Waterbeach opened for the first time today - with a little help from local charity Eddie’s.
It forms part of an agreement between the Co-op and the UK’s leading independent service station operator, MRH, to pilot seven new franchise convenience stores.
Located on Ely Road, it’s the second to be opened in the Cambridgeshire area, following the launch of Downfield’s petrol station store in Soham in July.
The trial marks the first time the Co-op has launched its own franchise business operation.
Groups and charities set to benefit include Cottenham Toy Library and Eddie’s – which supports children, young people and adults with learning disabilities.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Rogers, Co-op’s head of franchise operations, said: “The store is giving back to local good causes through our membership scheme.
“Our members make a difference locally every time they shop.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
For more information about the Co-op’s Local Community Fund, visit http://www.coop.co.uk/membership/