Razzle dazzle at the March lights switch on
- Credit: Archant
A night of fun-packed family fun, lit by hundreds of sparkling Christmas decorations, marks the official start of the festive season with the annual lights switch on event in March.
The town was full to bursting with people out to enjoy the yearly spectacle of the countdown to lighting up the town.
Councillor Rob Skoulding, chairman of the Christmas lights committee, said “It was brilliant. A really lovely atmosphere enjoyed by everyone.
“There was the usual packed crowds, lots of music, stalls and refreshments.
“Something for all the family. It is great to see everyone come together as a community.”
You may also want to watch:
The lights were this year officially switched on by Bartosz (Barty) Alichper, of Paninis Cafe.
Cllr Skoulding said: “Barty was chosen as he open his cafe on Christmas Day for people to have lunch. We wanted to say thank you to him for his kind gesture every year.”
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 10 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
A huge thank you was also extended to everybody who works hard behind the scenes preparing for the Christmas lights season.