Our guide to the Christmas light switch on in March
- Credit: Archant
A year has come round again and it’s time for March’s annual Christmas lights switch on. Here’s all of the information you’ll need.
The switch on will be on Friday November 24 at 7pm on the Market Place in town.
The main attraction of the event on Friday will be the arrival of Santa on his sleigh. After the switch on, Santa will meet children in his grotto. There will also be plenty of live music on the stage.
The switch on will also be accompanied by a fun fair in Broad Street, and a colourful display on narrow boats along the Old River Nene, by members of the Middle Level Watermen’s Club.
The town centre is always packed as traders entertain their customers with seasonal cheer.
You may also want to watch:
The Christmas Market will also take place in the town on Sunday December 3 and a civic carol service at St. Peter’s Church on December 15 from 7 o’clock.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 9 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'