Our guide to the Christmas light switch on in March
- Credit: Archant
A year has come round again and it’s time for March’s annual Christmas lights switch on. Here’s all of the information you’ll need.
The switch on will be on Friday November 24 at 7pm on the Market Place in town.
The main attraction of the event on Friday will be the arrival of Santa on his sleigh. After the switch on, Santa will meet children in his grotto. There will also be plenty of live music on the stage.
The switch on will also be accompanied by a fun fair in Broad Street, and a colourful display on narrow boats along the Old River Nene, by members of the Middle Level Watermen’s Club.
The town centre is always packed as traders entertain their customers with seasonal cheer.
The Christmas Market will also take place in the town on Sunday December 3 and a civic carol service at St. Peter’s Church on December 15 from 7 o’clock.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 4 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'