Festive cheer set for March at Christmas lights switch on 2018
- Credit: Archant
Stalls, fairground rides, tasty food and cosy hot chocolate will form part of March’s annual Christmas lights switch on.
This years event will take place on Friday November 30 at 7pm.
Crowds are set to visit the market place with festive themed stalls, a variety of fairground rides and refreshments.
The main attraction will be Santa on his sleigh, who last year met with children afterwards in his grotto to give presents.
Live music entertained the crowds on the market place stage while Broad Street came alive with traditional fun fair rides.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, a colourful display of narrow boats along the Old River Nene was also one of the main features of the night.
A Christmas Market will take place in the town on Sunday December 2 with a host of stalls to kick off the seasonal cheer.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 3 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 4 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 5 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 6 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 10 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
A civic carol service is at St. Peter’s Church, High Street, on Sunday December 14 from 7pm.