Festive cheer set for March at Christmas lights switch on 2018
- Credit: Archant
Stalls, fairground rides, tasty food and cosy hot chocolate will form part of March’s annual Christmas lights switch on.
This years event will take place on Friday November 30 at 7pm.
Crowds are set to visit the market place with festive themed stalls, a variety of fairground rides and refreshments.
The main attraction will be Santa on his sleigh, who last year met with children afterwards in his grotto to give presents.
Live music entertained the crowds on the market place stage while Broad Street came alive with traditional fun fair rides.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, a colourful display of narrow boats along the Old River Nene was also one of the main features of the night.
A Christmas Market will take place in the town on Sunday December 2 with a host of stalls to kick off the seasonal cheer.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
A civic carol service is at St. Peter’s Church, High Street, on Sunday December 14 from 7pm.