March church to celebrate centenary with special exhibition
The Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Good Counsel and St Peter, in March, is shortly to celebrate its centenary.
It is 100 years since a church was opened in 1911 and a whole weekend of activities is planned. The weekend starts on Friday May 20 with a special Mass and the opening of an exhibition of photographs and ephemera of the last 100 years.
There are about 200 items and many will have not been seen before in March. Parishioners and invited guests will be at this evening event and they will hopefully enjoy a glass of wine and a buffet after the service.
On Saturday May 21 the Church Hall will be open all day for everybody to see the exhibition and, finally, after Sunday Mass there will be a ‘pate and plonk’ event to wind up the weekend.
Amongst the many photographs that have been collected there are a few that remain unidentified and help is needed from the townsfolk of March with this.
In particular we have a photograph who we think is Father Lydiate, parish priest during the Second World War but we are not certain that it is him.
If anybody can identify the picture would they please contact Mr Kevin Rodgers on 01945 464871 or just come along to the exhibition on the Saturday.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 8 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall