March company’s special red potatoes receiving national acclaim
A MARCH company is seeking to make Christmas dinner more colourful with its eye-catching red potatoes.
The special spuds are grown near Manea by March based firm Fenmarc and experts have been quick to lavish them with praise for their “fantastic” taste, colour and consistency.
The Red Rudolph Potatoes have been featured on Saturday Kitchen Live, mentioned on Steve Wright’s BBC Radio Two show and Paul Foster, head chef at Tuddenham Mill, has been inspired to use them in the following festive recipe:
Paul Foster’s Rudolph Roast Potatoes
Ingredients: 1kg Rudolph potatoes, 200g duck fat, Sea salt
You may also want to watch:
1) Wash and peel the potatoes, cut into large random chunks, cover in a pan with cold salted water and gently bring to a simmer. Cook slowly without boiling until they just start to breakdown.
2) Drain off the potatoes into a colander and gently shake to rough up the exterior. Allow to sit for 5 minutes with the potatoes evenly spread out and allow to evaporate the moisture on the surface of the potato.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
3) Heat the duck fat in a roasting tray and add the potatoes to the tray, ensuring they are at least 2cm apart.
4) Season with sea salt and turn once, place in the oven at 190�C cook for around 35-40 minutes turning every 10 minutes.
5)When crispy and golden remove from the oven and drain on kitchen roll, re-season with sea salt and serve.
Fenmarc is a march based company which has been growing, preparing, packing and supplying potatoes and vegetables for more than 40 years.