March company’s special red potatoes receiving national acclaim
A MARCH company is seeking to make Christmas dinner more colourful with its eye-catching red potatoes.
The special spuds are grown near Manea by March based firm Fenmarc and experts have been quick to lavish them with praise for their “fantastic” taste, colour and consistency.
The Red Rudolph Potatoes have been featured on Saturday Kitchen Live, mentioned on Steve Wright’s BBC Radio Two show and Paul Foster, head chef at Tuddenham Mill, has been inspired to use them in the following festive recipe:
Paul Foster’s Rudolph Roast Potatoes
Ingredients: 1kg Rudolph potatoes, 200g duck fat, Sea salt
You may also want to watch:
1) Wash and peel the potatoes, cut into large random chunks, cover in a pan with cold salted water and gently bring to a simmer. Cook slowly without boiling until they just start to breakdown.
2) Drain off the potatoes into a colander and gently shake to rough up the exterior. Allow to sit for 5 minutes with the potatoes evenly spread out and allow to evaporate the moisture on the surface of the potato.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 7 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 8 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
3) Heat the duck fat in a roasting tray and add the potatoes to the tray, ensuring they are at least 2cm apart.
4) Season with sea salt and turn once, place in the oven at 190�C cook for around 35-40 minutes turning every 10 minutes.
5)When crispy and golden remove from the oven and drain on kitchen roll, re-season with sea salt and serve.
Fenmarc is a march based company which has been growing, preparing, packing and supplying potatoes and vegetables for more than 40 years.