March Conservative Club re-opens after building works to roof
- Credit: Archant
The lounge and function room areas of March Conservative Club in Creek Road have re-opened after building works to the roof.
The rooms were closed when routine maintenance revealed a problem with the construction, the front bar, the snooker room and the games room remaining open.
The project was completed in less than three weeks.
This was thanks to prompt action by the committee and roofing specialists Turner Construction of Wisbech St. Mary.
The club has now resumed its full programme of social activities, which started with the Sunday Quiz on March 20.
You may also want to watch:
Good Friday will see a family disco with an Easter egg for every child, an Easter bonnet parade and an Easter egg draw.
On Easter Sunday there is a vintage afternoon tea from 1pm.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
On Saturday April 2 the club has organised a Charity Casino Night in support of Mark Cross’s cancer charity.
A full list of planned activities can be found on the club’s Facebook page.
If you would like some more information, you should call the club on 01354 653150.