March couple celebrate 50 years of wedded bliss
- Credit: Archant
A day out at the seaside led to a live time of wedded bliss for March couple Juanita and Michael Johnson.
The couple who celebrate their golden wedding anniversary on Friday (April 3) were just 16 when they met on a visit to the West Norfolk resort,
Mr Johnson, was out with friends from Lakes End while Mrs Johnson was out with friends from her home town of Saffron Walden.
Five years later in 1965 the pair married at Saffron Walden parish church and they have lived in March for most of their married lives.
Mr Johnson worked for the former March concrete works in Creek Road for 23 years before working for himself for five years before he retired.
You may also want to watch:
His wife worked as a receptionist at the George Campbell Leisure centre for over 20 years.
The couple have two children: daughter Tracey Hayes and son Timothy both of March. They also have five grandchildren.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
Mr Johnson’s main hobby is DIY but the couple both enjoyed dancing,however they have been forced to give up due to Mrs Johnson’s health.
They will celebrate their 50 years of marriage with a party for family and friends.