March couple Clive and Margaret looking forward to celebrating 60 years of marriage
- Credit: Archant
A former policeman and his wife are about to celebrate their Diamond wedding anniversary.
March couple Clive and Margaret Chapman reach the milestone on June 14.
They were married in the now demolished Station Road Methodist Chapel on June 14 1955. They have two children, seven grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
The pair met in town - Mr Chapman spotted Mrs Chapman, who was working in a fashion shop, through the shop window.
He said: “I saw her through the window and waited until she came outside.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Chapman described it as “love at first sight”.
The secrets to a long-lasting marriage, Mr Chapman says, are to “never go to bed without sorting things out” and “to remember the woman is always right”.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
Mr Chapman is still an ardent bowls player, while Mrs Chapman loves pottering in the garden.
Mr Chapman has the small matter of heart surgery tomorrow. Once that’s out the way, the pair intend to celebrate their landmark by throwing a party with their family and friends.