March couple raise £950 for National Garden Scheme by opening their Beaver Lodge home
- Credit: Archant
A March couple raised nearly £1,000 for the National Garden Scheme by opening their home and garden at the weekend.
Paul and Maria Nielsen Bom opened the doors to their colourful garden in Beaver Lodge, Henson Road and welcomed dozens of plant-loving visitors.
Mrs Nielson Bom said: “It was extremely well attended and I am pleased to say that we made a total of £950 for the NGS.
“Thank you to everyone who supported us.”
The couple will open their “interesting” garden, which is divided into different ‘rooms’ including: oriental with pond and water features, bonsai, ferns and a continental area, from midday till 4pm on Saturday and Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be on sale.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told