March couple toast diamond wedding anniversary with five generations of family
A MARCH couple have celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary with five generations of their family.
Ron and Ena Townshend toast 60 years of marriage today but the pair celebrated the feat at the weekend with their large family, which includes four daughters, 10 grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.
Ena, 78, worked in social services for 23 years before opening second-hand clothes shop Half Acre in March. She said: “We have had a great life and we’ve got five generations in our family, which makes me very proud.
“We always work together and sometimes we put up with each other too!”
Ron, 80, worked on the railways in March for 46 years. He said: “Do you know, I can’t really remember how we met. I think it was in Wisbech. I went with friends who had said no girlfriends allowed tonight - and I finished up with Ena.”
The pair, who live at Upwell Park, in March, said they are looking forward to more happy years together.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body