March couple toast diamond wedding anniversary with five generations of family
A MARCH couple have celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary with five generations of their family.
Ron and Ena Townshend toast 60 years of marriage today but the pair celebrated the feat at the weekend with their large family, which includes four daughters, 10 grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.
Ena, 78, worked in social services for 23 years before opening second-hand clothes shop Half Acre in March. She said: “We have had a great life and we’ve got five generations in our family, which makes me very proud.
“We always work together and sometimes we put up with each other too!”
Ron, 80, worked on the railways in March for 46 years. He said: “Do you know, I can’t really remember how we met. I think it was in Wisbech. I went with friends who had said no girlfriends allowed tonight - and I finished up with Ena.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair, who live at Upwell Park, in March, said they are looking forward to more happy years together.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public