March dad hikes up Snowdon for charity - with just a few days notice!
- Credit: Archant
A March dad is putting his best foot forward to hike up Snowdon after he was asked to take part in a charity walk - just days before the event happens.
Carlos Alessandrino-Odebode will be scaling the highest mountain in Wales and England as one of a group of 50 walking for the charity, Children Of Adam.
Money raised will help buy a defibrillator for family support charity, Little Miracles in Peterborough, and towards a soft play room at the Amazon children’s ward at Peterborough City Hospital.
Carlos, 28, has twin daughters Noelani and Sienna, seven. Sienna has cerebral palsy and they all enjoy days out with Little Miracles which is how he got involved.
Groundworker Carlos said: “We’ve had some great days out with other families with Little Miracles and I wanted to be able to give something back to them.
You may also want to watch:
“I must be crazy I’ve never done anything like this before and have done no specific training, just signed up and will be joining the coach on Saturday (17).”
Luckily he trains regularly at March Amateur Boxing Club so hopes his fitness levels will carry him up to the top and back for the estimated five hour trek without any problems.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
• Children of Adam is a Peterborough based registered charity which began with two friends helping rough sleepers in the city. It has now extended to helping families in need. Most recently the pair handed out toys to the children’s ward in Peterborough. For details visit their Facebook or Twitter pages.
• To donate to Carlos’ walk visit the Children of Adam donation page.
• Find out more about the work of Little Miracles