March dance school raises £2,000 for Guide Dogs Association and adopts a puppy
- Credit: Archant
A March dance school raised more than £2,000 from their latest production.
Pupils and parents of The Vera Frances School of Dance gathered at St Mary’s Church Hall to welcome visitors from the Guide Dogs Association.
They presented a cheque for £2,043.27 to the area organiser, Mandy Loveder. The money was raised from the school’s production of ‘The Wizard of Oz’ which was performed earlier in the year.
Three dog handlers brought their dogs to visit the children - one experienced dog and two puppies in training.
Vera Ward said: “The children were thrilled to meet the dogs, learn about the training and work of a guide dog and how the money raised would be used.
You may also want to watch:
“The school will now adopt and name a puppy and the children will be able to follow its progress for two years until it is fully trained and starts its career as a working guide dog.”
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash