March & District Museum to celebrate 40 years of history with special event
- Credit: Archant
March & District Museum is to mark its 40th anniversary with an evening of reminiscence this week.
The March & District Museum Society is to host the evening on Friday (10) and St Peter’s Church Hall to celebrate the museum’s fourth decade in the town.
The event will include a history of the museum’s early days, presented by archivist Dave Edwards, followed by a presentation of photographs by historian Maureen James.
Mr Edwards said: “The first meeting to discuss founding a museum took place in 1970 and the first of what were to be annual exhibitions was held just a few months later, which shows how keen the local people were to set up the museum.”
The celebrations begin at 7.30pm, and admission is £3 and £2 for members of the Museum Society.
Admission includes refreshments and cake.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival