LETTER: Dr Wendy Harrison completes Virgin Money London Marathon
- Credit: SUPPLIED
I am Dr Wendy Harrison, aged 55, and I am delighted to have completed the London Marathon on Sunday (April 28) in a time of 4 hours 49 minutes.
So far I have raised almost £3,000 for Cardiomyopathy UK.
The training and the race were very tough but it's been an amazing experience.
I would like to express my sincere thanks to my family and friends who haven't seen me much these last few months.
I would also like to thank my fabulous colleagues at The Cornerstone Practice who dressed as super heroes and ran raffles and all sorts to support my fund raising.
I'd like to thank so many of my lovely patients who have encouraged, cheered me round the streets and donated.
Let's not forget the folk of March Parkrun whose enthusiasm and shouts of "go on Dr H!" have inspired me to achieve what I would never have believed possible.
- 1 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 2 Man repeatedly stabbed nine-year-old boy in 'random attack'
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Shoplifters 'dragged security guard across floor'
- 7 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 8 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 9 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
DR WENDY HARRISON, March