LETTER: Dr Wendy Harrison completes Virgin Money London Marathon
- Credit: SUPPLIED
I am Dr Wendy Harrison, aged 55, and I am delighted to have completed the London Marathon on Sunday (April 28) in a time of 4 hours 49 minutes.
So far I have raised almost £3,000 for Cardiomyopathy UK.
The training and the race were very tough but it's been an amazing experience.
I would like to express my sincere thanks to my family and friends who haven't seen me much these last few months.
I would also like to thank my fabulous colleagues at The Cornerstone Practice who dressed as super heroes and ran raffles and all sorts to support my fund raising.
You may also want to watch:
I'd like to thank so many of my lovely patients who have encouraged, cheered me round the streets and donated.
Let's not forget the folk of March Parkrun whose enthusiasm and shouts of "go on Dr H!" have inspired me to achieve what I would never have believed possible.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
DR WENDY HARRISON, March