LETTER: Dr Wendy Harrison completes Virgin Money London Marathon
- Credit: SUPPLIED
I am Dr Wendy Harrison, aged 55, and I am delighted to have completed the London Marathon on Sunday (April 28) in a time of 4 hours 49 minutes.
So far I have raised almost £3,000 for Cardiomyopathy UK.
The training and the race were very tough but it's been an amazing experience.
I would like to express my sincere thanks to my family and friends who haven't seen me much these last few months.
I would also like to thank my fabulous colleagues at The Cornerstone Practice who dressed as super heroes and ran raffles and all sorts to support my fund raising.
You may also want to watch:
I'd like to thank so many of my lovely patients who have encouraged, cheered me round the streets and donated.
Let's not forget the folk of March Parkrun whose enthusiasm and shouts of "go on Dr H!" have inspired me to achieve what I would never have believed possible.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 4 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 5 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 9 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 10 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
DR WENDY HARRISON, March