LETTER: Dr Wendy Harrison completes Virgin Money London Marathon
- Credit: SUPPLIED
I am Dr Wendy Harrison, aged 55, and I am delighted to have completed the London Marathon on Sunday (April 28) in a time of 4 hours 49 minutes.
So far I have raised almost £3,000 for Cardiomyopathy UK.
The training and the race were very tough but it's been an amazing experience.
I would like to express my sincere thanks to my family and friends who haven't seen me much these last few months.
I would also like to thank my fabulous colleagues at The Cornerstone Practice who dressed as super heroes and ran raffles and all sorts to support my fund raising.
You may also want to watch:
I'd like to thank so many of my lovely patients who have encouraged, cheered me round the streets and donated.
Let's not forget the folk of March Parkrun whose enthusiasm and shouts of "go on Dr H!" have inspired me to achieve what I would never have believed possible.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
DR WENDY HARRISON, March