Santa Claws and paws came to town for a dog club Christmas party
- Credit: Archant
The cameras were out as dogs rocked up in full on festive regalia for the March Dog Training Club Christmas party.
The event included a cheque presentation for £1,200 to East Anglian Air Ambulance, raised from a sponsored dog walk earlier in the year.
The evening started with a fancy dress parade judged by guests from Amical Veterinary Centre, Laura and Carly.
This was followed by a quick paws for thought before heading into games for dogs and owners with organisers hailing it as lots of fun.
Pat Winfield said; “All the dogs behaved themselves and the owners were quite good too!
You may also want to watch:
“The benefits of training are certainly highlighted when so many dogs are in a room together and there are no problems.
“We were visited by Jane and Shaun from the East Anglian Air Ambulance and were pleased to present them with a cheque for £1,200 which was raised by club members at our annual sponsored walk in September.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
“Dogs and owners in our later classes do tests just before Christmas and awards were given to the winners in various classes as well as some special awards for people who had impressed us with their achievements during the year.!
• Beginner classes for puppies and beginner dogs are held each Wednesday evening at the FE Centre in Station Road, March.
• Advanced classes are held on a Tuesday and a Wednesday. All dogs and owners are welcome.
• The club provides information and guidance to assist with training whatever level you wish to reach.
• Further information from Janet and Tony on 01945 461058 or Maggie and Dave on 01354 657185.