March family reunited with a piece of family history
A MARCH family has been reunited with a scroll presented to their father 83 years ago and which mysteriously turned up in Wales.
Railwayman Clifford William Pollington was given the scroll in 1927 when he was initiated into the Locomotive Lodge 5682 of the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes (Buffs).
After his death at the age of 88 the scroll was given to his brother who also lived in March.
However, officers of the March lodge were surprised when they were recently contacted by a lodge in Ebbw Vale, South Wales, to be told the scroll had been left outside its lodge room.
Alan Norris of the Locomotive Lodge said: “How it got there is a complete mystery and we may never find out why. When they contacted us I phoned the only C Pollington I could find and asked him if his father had been in the Buffs. I explained the story to him and he didn’t know how it had come to be in Wales.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pollington’s son, also called Cliff, and his daughter, Gail Arnold of March, were presented with their father’s scroll by officers and brethren of the Locomotive Lodge.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory