March father’s anguish after severely brain-damaged daughter dies in hospital
A HEARTBROKEN father from March who said he was banned from visiting his severely brain-damaged daughter in hospital has spoken of his anguish after she died last week.
Bernadette Bazzoni, 51, died on October 27 after losing her 10 month battle for life. She had been found lying unconscious at the bottom of the stairs in her first floor London flat in January.
Her father Edward Perry, from March, had claimed he and his family had been barred from visiting her in the Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability after a feud with her husband Tony Bazzoni.
The hospital had stated there was a “complicated family situation” but no family member would be restricted from visiting.
Mr Perry said: “Since January I have had about four hours sleep a night. After all is said and done, she was my daughter and I didn’t get the chance to say goodbye.
You may also want to watch:
“She was a Catholic and wanted to be buried with her mother - I’m terrified that she is going to be cremated.”
A date for an inquest into the death is yet to be confirmed.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner