March finalist has the ‘specs factor’
- Credit: Archant
A March man has been chosen out of hundreds of people across Anglia as a regional finalist for Specsavers’ Spectacle Wearer of the Year.
Roderick O’Neil from March could win £10,000 and a luxury holiday in the Bahamas if he wins, as well as a chance to mingle with the stars at the 20th annual Spectacle Wearer of the Year Awards.
Glasses wearers have been showing off their specs style by sharing their selfies online and entering in stores across the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Roderick was invited to visit his local Specsavers store, located in Broad Street, March, to receive a bottle of champagne, a certificate and a £150 glasses voucher.
Store director, Trevor Clark, said: “It’s amazing to have one of our own customers chosen as a regional finalist in this fantastic competition. It is important to show all glasses wearers, young and old, that they should embrace their specs and be confident.
You may also want to watch:
‘We wish Roderick all the best for the next stage of the competition and we hope he can be the Spectacle Wearer of the Year.”
The awards were launched by Spice Girls singer and Heart FM DJ Emma Bunton earlier this year. If he triumphs in his age category, Roderick could meet Emma at the celeb-packed awards ceremony at London’s 8 Northumberland Avenue on Tuesday October 6.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 10 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
There are five age categories: 16-24; 25-34; 35-44; 45-59 and 60+, plus a Facebook favourite voted for by the public. All age category winners will win a VIP makeover, with one overall winner taking home the ultimate accolade in specs wearing.
The ultimate Spectacle Wearer of the Year winner will receive £10,000, plus a week’s holiday for two in the Bahamas courtesy of Atlantis Paradise Island and a wardrobe of specs to suit every style.