Award wins for March firefighters at annual Cambs Fire & Rescue ceremony
- Credit: Archant
A number of March firefighters were honoured at Cambs Fire & Rescue Service’s annual excellence awards.
Jordan Sutton won the on-call recruit of the year award, which was chosen by the service’s training centre team.
He was chosen for his resilience and determination during his course.
Crew commander Wayne Marshall also received an award for raising more than £20,000 for Magpas Air Ambulance in his own time.
The March on-call crew of four - including watch commander Andy Powell, crew commander Ady Bradshaw, firefighter Dan Hall and ex-firefighter Tony Raine - were awarded for ‘working exceptionally hard’ to save the life of a casualty that went into cardiac arrest during a rescue from a house.
You may also want to watch:
They performed lifesaving techniques several times during the rescue and while being transported to hospital.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover