March firefighters return from job to find hamper of goodies and heart-warming thank you card
- Credit: Archant
A kind-hearted person brightened up the day for firefighters in March by sending them a hamper of gifts.
The sender left the goodies, including chocolate, fruit and crisps, on the doorstep of the fire station last week.
They also left a card that “melted their hearts”.
The message reads: “To everyone at March fire station, thanks for your kindness and thoughtfulness, too. No one can do things the way that you do.”
Written inside is: “Thank you for the work that you do. Thankfully I have never needed to call you, but it is nice to know that you are there”.
You may also want to watch:
One person said on social media: “These kind of gestures really warm the heart” and another added “that’s so lovely and thoughtful”.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend