March firefighters return from job to find hamper of goodies and heart-warming thank you card
- Credit: Archant
A kind-hearted person brightened up the day for firefighters in March by sending them a hamper of gifts.
The sender left the goodies, including chocolate, fruit and crisps, on the doorstep of the fire station last week.
They also left a card that “melted their hearts”.
The message reads: “To everyone at March fire station, thanks for your kindness and thoughtfulness, too. No one can do things the way that you do.”
Written inside is: “Thank you for the work that you do. Thankfully I have never needed to call you, but it is nice to know that you are there”.
One person said on social media: “These kind of gestures really warm the heart” and another added “that’s so lovely and thoughtful”.
- 1 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 2 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 3 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 4 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 8 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 9 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 10 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues