Children surprised on Halloween with 'treat' from firefighters
- Credit: Facebook / Jo Kelly
Firefighters from March fire station surprised children who were ‘trick or treating’ around the town for Halloween on Sunday (October 31).
Crews took both fire engines around different areas of the town from 5:30pm with Halloween treats on board.
Prior to the evening, the crew posted on social media asking the people of March where they’d like them to visit – there was a huge response!
A spokesperson said: “The crews split up and tried to get to as many people as possible.
"Their visits were very popular and children were very grateful for the treats being dished out."
One of the places the crew visited was 'Halloween House' on Wisbech Road, who raised £700 this year for Westwood Primary School.
After the surprise, residents took to social media to thank the crew.
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 3 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 4 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 5 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 6 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 7 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 8 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 9 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 10 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
One person said: “My youngest was made up to see a fellow skelly on board tonight, it made his night.”