March firm Tradelink raises £700 for the Sue Ryder Hospice at Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
A March business has raised £700 for a local hospice that provides end of life care for people.
The 100 plus team of staff at Tradelink raised the money for the Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice, in Peterborough.
The hospice has been open for palliative care for more than 20 years.
Danielle Wilding and Chris Randall, both long term Tradelink employees, had seen loved ones spend their last days peacefully at Thorpe Hall and this instigated the fund raising drive.
Tracy Hoy, another of Tradelink’s long term team and Chris Randall headed the fund raising efforts, and, with the help of competitions and a Christmas jumper day, as well as kind donations for a massive hamper raffle and contributions from the Tradelink directors, the money soon started flooding in.
You may also want to watch:
The team originally hoped to raise around £200, in reality they raised £700 which they said was a massive achievement all round as Thorpe Hall rely on donations and £700 is amount needed for one nurse for one week.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend