March fossil shop to hold activity-packed open day tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
A HIDDEN cave of gems and bones, Fossils Galore is opening its doors to the people of March on Saturday.
Visitors will get to take part in a Dinosaur egg hunt, Owl handling and arts and craft workshops.
The day will be particularly significant for Sarah Moore, 18, who will unveil “Unique Corner”, her Victorian themed shop located inside Fossils Galore which she hopes will “bring something different” to March.
Unique Corner will sell a range of crystals, handmade jewellery and house hold items while at the same time paying tribute to Mary Anning, who was a Victorian Palaeontologist.
Fossils Galore is run by Jamie Jordan, an avid collector who will be displaying a Caturus sea water fish fossil he discovered in Fenland.
You may also want to watch:
The centre is a social enterprise which means unlike a charity they fund themselves; they sell paintings and charge the painter £1 to hang the paintings and take only 10 per cent commission.
They also support fair trade and buy home-made products from other countries and send back nearly all of the profit, giving other communities a life line.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Although they fund themselves donations are greatly received. Tea and cake will be available.
The shop is located on 60 High Street, March,
You can also contact them at 01354 278089 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org