Man driving black BMW while ‘under the influence of alcohol’ crashes into two cars before hitting railing
- Credit: SUBMITTED
A suspected drink driver crashed into two cars before ploughing into the fountain railings in March town centre on Saturday, police have confirmed.
The man was driving his black BMW at around 6.50pm before he crashed into two cars when pulling out on March Broad Street.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “Male driving was under the influence of alcohol and crashed into the railing at around 6:48pm.
“He was stumbling about outside his car and reportedly tried to get away. No one was injured and the car was recovered.”
An eye witness said: “People gathered around the vehicle after it made a mess of the railings surrounding the fountain in town.
You may also want to watch:
“A silver Volkswagen looked as if it had been hit side on and the BMW was clearly embedded in the black railings – it looked a real state.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover