Annual competition bids to make blossoming return
- Credit: Supplied/Steve Griggs
Organisers of the annual March Garden Competition are hoping that after a year off, they can make a blossoming return.
The competition was postponed last year due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, but entries for this year’s event are now open.
To enter, entrants can apply for the small, medium or large category, where they can send two photos to organisers Paul and Maria Nielsen-Bom, or alternatively, they can telephone them.
Steve Griggs, one of the competition judges, said: “Entrants should send around two photos, or they can ring up and say they would like to enter, give their address and we will go there and check it out.
“There is no criteria and as we couldn’t run it last year, it is a chance for people that want to show off what they have done.”
Judging is due to take place between July 10-11, while the awards ceremony will happen around two weeks later, depending on Covid-19 guidelines.
It is uncertain how much each winner will receive in prize money, but will be sponsored by local businesses.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
To enter, email your name, address, contact number and which category your garden falls into to BeaverBom@gmail.com or call 01354 656185.