Annual competition bids to make blossoming return
- Credit: Supplied/Steve Griggs
Organisers of the annual March Garden Competition are hoping that after a year off, they can make a blossoming return.
The competition was postponed last year due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, but entries for this year’s event are now open.
To enter, entrants can apply for the small, medium or large category, where they can send two photos to organisers Paul and Maria Nielsen-Bom, or alternatively, they can telephone them.
Steve Griggs, one of the competition judges, said: “Entrants should send around two photos, or they can ring up and say they would like to enter, give their address and we will go there and check it out.
“There is no criteria and as we couldn’t run it last year, it is a chance for people that want to show off what they have done.”
You may also want to watch:
Judging is due to take place between July 10-11, while the awards ceremony will happen around two weeks later, depending on Covid-19 guidelines.
It is uncertain how much each winner will receive in prize money, but will be sponsored by local businesses.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
To enter, email your name, address, contact number and which category your garden falls into to BeaverBom@gmail.com or call 01354 656185.