March garden group stages its version of Flog It
- Credit: Archant
A gardening club staged its own version of a hit TV show.
On January 20, March St Mary’s Garden Club held a mini Flog It without the Flog It, meaning that treasures and collectables could be brought for valuation only.
The event was hosted by Leon and Rosemary Hyde at their home in Rentland Way.
Lawrence Seaton from Buttercross Auctions in Whittlesey gave his time to be the valuer.
A March St Mary’s garden Club spokesman said: “He gave a very interesting and informative talk before valuing the various items.
You may also want to watch:
“The turnout was a little disappointing but those present thoroughly enjoyed themselves, made even more so by the tea and coffee and the super scones, sausage rolls and special turnovers expertly cooked by Leon.
“Our thanks go to Rosemary and Leon for their hospitality, Lawrence for his expertise and to those who attended.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
“Commisserations to he who let his carrier slip and slightly damaged one of his items.”