March girls win European street dance championships
- Credit: Archant
TWO March dancers stepped out in style when they were crowned European street dance doubles champions during a contest in Germany.
Neale-Wade Academy students Ellie Belger and Emily Roberts competed against some of the best dancers in Europe for the event organised by hip-hop promoter, United Dance Organisation.
The girls, who are in the elite team of Sarah’s Street Style Dance, flew out to Kalkar, Germany, for the weekend to compete for the English street dance team.
Dance teacher Sarah White said: “This is a massive achievement for both the girls and a massive credit to Sarah’s Street Style Dance.
“I’m extremely proud and happy for them both and hope it will encourage and motivate my other dancers to achieve this standard in the future as I know they can.”
You may also want to watch:
Ellie and Emily, both 15, won the Under-16s advanced Duos event by beating other dancers from Italy, Belgium, France, Russia and many other European countries.
Ellie also won second place in the solo under-16s advanced solo category.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
Sarah said: “The girls have put in a lot of their own spare time and choreography to get to where they have and have worked extremely hard for a long time.”
Among the judging team were Madonna’s choreographer and CBBCs head judge on Alesha’s Street Dance Stars Dwayne Nosworthy.
The girls’ costumes were sponsored by Local Generation of March.