Long-serving Eileen given fond farewell after 58-year service
- Credit: March Golf Club
A long-serving of March Golf Club was given a fitting farewell after 58 years of service.
Eileen Clapham was presented a gift, flowers and thanks from the club’s ladies’ section at their annual general meeting on November 3.
Ms Clapham, who joined the club in 1963, has decided to stand down as treasurer having supported the ladies’ section in several roles throughout her time there.
A club spokesperson said: “She will certainly be missed.”
At the meeting, outgoing ladies’ captain Jean McAuliffe said: “It was always going to be difficult to get the competitions completed during a shortened playing season.
“But I am pleased to see that we made it.”
Incoming captain Margaret Butt thanked Jean and all members for their continued support of the ladies’ section.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 6 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
She said: “We have a busy schedule for 2021-22 and I look forward to supporting members and welcoming new members to the club.”
If you are interested in joining the ladies’ section at March Golf Club, visit their website: https://www.marchgolfclub.co.uk/.