Popular March golfer dies in her husband’s arms after being struck by lightning on holiday in Turkey
- Credit: Archant
A keen golfer and popular manager at a local care home has died after being struck by lightning during a holiday abroad with her husband.
Sarah Oldham, 39, was struck while trying to shelter during a storm when playing golf with her husband Alex, a professional player at March Golf Club.
She and her Alex had been on holiday at the Sueno Golf Hotel in Turkey and were on the fairway when the tragedy struck.
Sarah was rushed to a local hospital then transferred to a larger medical unit in Turkey.
When her condition was stabilised she was flown to Luton before being transferred to Peterborough City Hospital where she died with Alex at her side.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah was a much loved member of staff at Clovelly House in Station Road. March where she had worked since 2004.
She was a member of Ladybirds Netball Club and has coached netball at Wisbech Grammar School.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
• Her funeral is on Thursday December 21 at Fenland Crematorium at 2.30pm.