March group has splendid day out cruising on the Great Ouse and exploring St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Twenty members of March Mutual Interest Group enjoyed a day cruising on the Great Ouse.
They left from Hartford Marina aboard the “Ladybird” boat and cruised to St Ives via Hemingford Grey and Houghton, negotiating several locks on route.
A break was made at St Ives for lunch and a browse around the shops before the return journey.
Group Leader Maureen Coker said that the exceptional good weather had contributed to making it a wonderful day out.
The “Ladybird” Boat is a charity run by volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
March Mutual Interest Group meets for a Coffee Morning the last Friday of the month at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel from 10am-noon.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 8 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers