March group has splendid day out cruising on the Great Ouse and exploring St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Twenty members of March Mutual Interest Group enjoyed a day cruising on the Great Ouse.
They left from Hartford Marina aboard the “Ladybird” boat and cruised to St Ives via Hemingford Grey and Houghton, negotiating several locks on route.
A break was made at St Ives for lunch and a browse around the shops before the return journey.
Group Leader Maureen Coker said that the exceptional good weather had contributed to making it a wonderful day out.
The “Ladybird” Boat is a charity run by volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
March Mutual Interest Group meets for a Coffee Morning the last Friday of the month at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel from 10am-noon.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 8 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 9 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment