March History Group release second book of photographs of the town after stunning success of first edition
- Credit: Archant
A history group has by popular demand produced a second book of photographs and postcards which capture March throughout the years.
March History Group have sold nearly 700 copies of the first instalment of Memories of March since it was released in April.
The second edition includes more than 140 photographs with an emphasis on the people of the town.
Sue Beer, of March History Group, said: “When we published our first book, we had just 100 copies printed and wondered if
we would sell them.
You may also want to watch:
“We weren’t at all sure that there would be an audience for this sort of thing, so we had to take a leap of faith.
“This book, like the first, is about the town and people of March by the people of March. We really hope it will be as successful as the first one and that you will all enjoy reading it.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
The group is always on the lookout for new archive material, Mrs Beer says.
She said: “If you do happen to come across any old newspapers, photographs, documents, postcards, certificates, we would be very happy to scan them for you if you don’t mind us sharing them with the rest of the town.”
Books are available from The Acre Attic, Acre Road and The Toy Box on Station Road.
For more information, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/March.Cambridgeshire/