March Lions says ‘happy anniversary’ to March Brass 2000 with £100 donation
- Credit: Archant
March Lions continued their generosity across Fenland by donating £100 to March Brass 2000 to help celebrate the group’s 125th anniversary.
Lions President Ruth Martin and zone chairman John Potter presented the funds to the band, which is to hold a concert in September featuring the Brighouse and Restrict Brass Band, famous for reaching number two in the UK singles charts with ‘The Floral Dance.’
March Brass 2000 is a family orientated, non-contesting band that welcomes experienced players. The band is always on the look out for new players (instruments may be provided).
Band practice is held on Monday evenings from 7pm until 9pm, with beginners and juniors sessions from 5.45pm to 6.45pm.
The current venue is St Peter’s Church, March but will soon move back to the Roman Catholic Church Hall, St John’s Road, March.
For more information, contact secretary Deb Watts on 01354-655429 or visit www.marchbrass2000.co.uk.
- 1 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 2 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 5 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 8 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 9 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 10 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England