March Lions show their support for boxing
- Credit: Archant
March Amateur Boxing Club received a cheque for £100 last week.
The much needed funds were given to them by members of the March Lions who are strong supporters of the club.
Vice president Ian Groome, zone chairman John Potter and Trevor Stockbridge presented the cheque to Bernie Wing at the boxing club.
Mr Stockridge said: “The boxing club provides a very worthwhile opportunity, not only to teach a skill but also the discipline required to carry it out. It’s great to see lots of young people taking the opportunity to learn such a skill.”
And Mr Groome added: “Hopefully some may go on to be our future Olympians.”
You may also want to watch:
March Amateur Boxing Club provides training for all age groups and is open to members actively competing in the sport, as well as those wanting to keep fit for further information call 01354 638025.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital