March Lions show their support for boxing
- Credit: Archant
March Amateur Boxing Club received a cheque for £100 last week.
The much needed funds were given to them by members of the March Lions who are strong supporters of the club.
Vice president Ian Groome, zone chairman John Potter and Trevor Stockbridge presented the cheque to Bernie Wing at the boxing club.
Mr Stockridge said: “The boxing club provides a very worthwhile opportunity, not only to teach a skill but also the discipline required to carry it out. It’s great to see lots of young people taking the opportunity to learn such a skill.”
And Mr Groome added: “Hopefully some may go on to be our future Olympians.”
March Amateur Boxing Club provides training for all age groups and is open to members actively competing in the sport, as well as those wanting to keep fit for further information call 01354 638025.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity