March Lions show their support for boxing
- Credit: Archant
March Amateur Boxing Club received a cheque for £100 last week.
The much needed funds were given to them by members of the March Lions who are strong supporters of the club.
Vice president Ian Groome, zone chairman John Potter and Trevor Stockbridge presented the cheque to Bernie Wing at the boxing club.
Mr Stockridge said: “The boxing club provides a very worthwhile opportunity, not only to teach a skill but also the discipline required to carry it out. It’s great to see lots of young people taking the opportunity to learn such a skill.”
And Mr Groome added: “Hopefully some may go on to be our future Olympians.”
You may also want to watch:
March Amateur Boxing Club provides training for all age groups and is open to members actively competing in the sport, as well as those wanting to keep fit for further information call 01354 638025.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 6 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 7 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 8 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 9 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash