Award winning start to 2018 for young people from March
- Credit: Archant
Eighteen children and teenagers from March were awarded for their determination to help in the local community.
The Young Leaders in Service awards were given out by the March Lions group.
Lion Alexander Groome said: “It was a very special day for March and its young people. This was because 18 of them were picking up Young Leaders in Service awards, which accredited their sheer will and determination to help in the local community.
“The Young Leaders in Service awards recognises the time the young people have given up to help others.
“The majority of the awards were shared between members of Young People March and 20Twenty Productions.
You may also want to watch:
“One recipient has given over 300 hours to help out in the local museum, his school library and St Mary’s Church March.
“This shows that young people just want to help in every way they can to make other young people’s lives more enjoyable.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told