March man found hiding in a cupboard jailed for 34 months for double burglary
- Credit: Archant
A burglar who was discovered hiding in a bedroom cupboard in a house in March has been sentenced to 34 months in prison.
Martin Copeman, 52, of County Road, March, broke into two houses between May and June this year, and stole copper pipes and cylinders from one, causing extensive damage and stole items including electrical equipment, a bicycle and clothing from the other.
Police were then called to a house in March where Copeman had been seen loading his vehicle with copper pipes.
Officers entered and found him hiding in a cupboard.
Copeman targeted both houses while the occupants were on holiday, and was sentenced at Peterborough Crown Court on Friday September 16.
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced to 16 months in prison for each of the burglaries and a further two months for driving while disqualified.
DC Chris Smith said: “Copeman is a prolific offender who is now behind bars and this should have a positive impact on reducing the number of burglaries in March.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover