March man treated for smoke inhalation after chip pan fire
- Credit: Archant
A MAN was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire in March last night.
Two crews from March were called at 8.40pm to a bungalow in Alftruda Close.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels to extinguish the fire, which is believed to have been started by a chip pan.
The man was not taken to hospital and crews returned to their stations by 10.05pm.
Chip pans can be extremely dangerous and are the cause of the largest number of fire-related injuries in the home.
You may also want to watch:
Oil itself is a volatile substance when heated and it only takes seconds for an accident to occur, no matter how careful and vigilant you are.
If a chip pan fire occurs, the Fire Service advises residents not to panic, never throw water on the fire, do not move the pan and turn the heat off if it is safe to do so before dialling 999.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused