March Marina open day gives visitors the chance to explore waterways
- Credit: Archant
Those tempted by a life on the Fenland waterways could get a taster at March Marina this weekend.
Visitors could try canal boating for free yesterday as part of Drifters’ National Open Day.
Budding boat enthusiasts could enjoy a short trip on one of the holiday narrowboats and take the helm under the guidance of one of the instructors.
There were boats to look around, refreshments available, games and competitions.
They could also enjoy the tranquillity of the local picturesque rivers and discover the abundance of wildlife that lives on the Fens.
You may also want to watch:
Fox Narrowboats were also involved in the event which ran from 11am to 4pm. They run a boat hire and build business located in March.
You can find out more about canal boat holidays at 20 of Drifters’ bases across England and Wales by visiting Drifters Waterway Holidays on Facebook.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success