March Marina open day gives visitors the chance to explore waterways
- Credit: Archant
Those tempted by a life on the Fenland waterways could get a taster at March Marina this weekend.
Visitors could try canal boating for free yesterday as part of Drifters’ National Open Day.
Budding boat enthusiasts could enjoy a short trip on one of the holiday narrowboats and take the helm under the guidance of one of the instructors.
There were boats to look around, refreshments available, games and competitions.
They could also enjoy the tranquillity of the local picturesque rivers and discover the abundance of wildlife that lives on the Fens.
Fox Narrowboats were also involved in the event which ran from 11am to 4pm. They run a boat hire and build business located in March.
You can find out more about canal boat holidays at 20 of Drifters’ bases across England and Wales by visiting Drifters Waterway Holidays on Facebook.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 9 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 10 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day