March market place closed on Thursday morning for St George’s Fayre bunting to be hung up
- Credit: Archant
MARCH market place will be closed on Thursday morning while bunting is hung up in preparation for the St George’s Fayre on Sunday.
Some 5,000 people are expected to attend this year’s fayre, with fun for all the family.
Councillor Jan French, the mayor of March, said: “We want to install some really nice decorations around the market place, but to do so we need to keep it closed after stallholders on the Wednesday market have left.
“Contractors will arrive in the town early on Thursday and start hanging the bunting on the market place. We hope it will be re-opened by lunchtime.
“From there, more bunting will be hung around the town. We are hoping it will all be ready on Thursday.”
You may also want to watch:
For a full preview to this year’s event, check out the Related Link at the top of this page.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester