March Mayor’s donation helps Estover Park FC buy new goal posts
- Credit: Archant
A DONATION from the Mayor of March has enabled Estover Park Football Club to buy a new set of goalposts for its junior teams.
Councillor Jan French allocated £300 from her charitable fund, which she uses to support various causes throughout the year, to the club.
Teilo Pearce, one of Estover Park’s coaches, thanked the mayor for her donation which he said would benefit the club’s four girls teams and boys team.
He said: “The goalposts cost £700 and we raised £400 from the Football Foundation.
“I asked around to see if anyone was willing to sponsor us and she offered the remaining money.
You may also want to watch:
“The donation allows us to keep the price of subscriptions down.
“Our subscription fee has not gone up in the past ten years, which can’t be the case for many clubs.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 4 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 7 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council
- 8 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 9 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 10 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
Mrs French said she was pleased to help the football club.
She said: “As mayor it is my responsibility to support local charities and organisations.
“I knew the football club was short of funds and it’s a worthwhile cause.”