March mum Mrs Rudolph has the most Christmassy name in the UK, says national society
- Credit: Archant
A national competition has found that the person with the most Christmassy name comes from Fenland.
The British Christmas Tree Growers Association (BCTGA) launched a UK-wide search to find someone with a festive name and chose mum Donna Rudolph of March
Donna secured hundreds of votes in a public poll.
The mum of three, beat Val Spruce, Holly Berry, Harri Christmas and Chris Tingly to the title, and is now enjoying her prize - a seven foot high real Christmas tree, donated by grower Fred Bassett from Wisbech.
She said: “I share my name with two of Father Christmas’ reindeers which has always attracted amusement in my family.
You may also want to watch:
“I was very excited to hear that I had won the competition to find the person with the most Christmassy name in the UK.
“I love Christmas and have never had a real tree but thanks to this competition along with the magical experience and positive comments I have received, I will be having a real Christmas tree from now on.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
“Christmas has got off to a great start in the Rudolph household this year.”
Harry Brightwell, secretary of the BCTGA added: “We wanted to do something fun this year to help raise awareness of why real Christmas trees are a better purchase choice than artificial ones and this competition really captured the imagination of people around the UK.
“We had more than 100 people nominated and over a thousand people took part in the poll to choose Donna. We really hope they have a lovely Christmas.”
Donna went along to the Wisbech-based farm to pick out her real tree.