March mum scoops bingo fitness prize
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland fitness enthusiast is feeling ‘top of the shop’ after winning a bingo with a difference.
March mum Clair Kirby beat hundreds of other New Vision Fitness members to win the summer fitness bingo challenge, which was held at Fenland District Council’s four New Vision Fitness centres over the six weeks summer holidays.
Andy Cornwell, manager of the George Campbell Leisure Centre, where Clair attends, said: “The Fitness Bingo Challenge was aimed at encouraging our members to keep active through the summer holidays when it can be more difficult to maintain a fitness regime.
“There was a great response to the challenge, with members across all four leisure centres getting involved and having fun taking part. Many congratulations to Clair, a great effort.”
Councillor Michelle Tanfield, the Council’s Cabinet member for leisure services, said: “Congratulations to everyone who took part in the challenge and got involved to keep their fitness up over the summer holidays!”
You may also want to watch:
Bingo playing cards could be picked up from leisure centre receptions in Wisbech, March, Whittlesey and Chatteris, with members aiming to get one line, two lines and a full house by taking part in a certain number of fitness classes and swimming sessions.
Everyone who attended at least nine classes and sessions was entered into a prize draw to win either a free individual annual membership or a joint six-month membership.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
Clair’s name was pulled out as the winner, and she chose a joint membership for her and her husband Rob as her prize.