March Museum Postcards
I WRITE to the Cambridgeshire Times on behalf of the March & District Museum Committee and Trustees to express our thanks and gratitude to Mr Eric Stromberg who recently donated a number of images free of charge to the museum for use as post cards.
I WRITE to the Cambridgeshire Times on behalf of the March & District Museum Committee and Trustees to express our thanks and gratitude to Mr Eric Stromberg who recently donated a number of images free of charge to the museum for use as post cards. The museum was invited to choose five images from Mr Stromberg’s beautiful collection which in itself was a difficult task. Each photograph demonstrates strongly the beauty of our town and wonderful as they are, not one has been digitally enhanced, and show the town in its natural state.
Difficult as the task was, five images were chosen and were taken to the town’s printers in Fenland Walk who provided an excellent service too. On receipt of the post cards the Museum invited Mr Stromberg to inspect the finished items and Mr Stromberg was so pleased with what he saw, he chose another three images and took them directly to the same printers and handed the finished articles over to the March & District Museum to sell with all funds going towards the running of the museum.
We would like to sincerely thank Mr Stromberg for his kindness and generosity. The post cards have received favourable reviews from visitors to the area and local people alike. The post cards are now available for sale in the museum at a cost of 25 pence each or 5 for �1. They are well worth passing by the museum to view and at the same time, why not have a look around the museum? We have a number of exhibitions on their way and there is sure to be something of interest for everyone to see.
We look forward to seeing you there.
You may also want to watch:
MRS AMANDA CARLIN
Chairman, March & District Museum.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 7 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road