‘We are good to go’: March and District Museum to reopen for first time since lockdown
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland museum will reopen its doors for the first time since the start of the Covid-19 lockdown to mark Heritage Weekend.
March and District Museum on High Street will open to the public on Saturday, September 12 – but will not continue its regular opening times.
The museum will not open on Wednesdays and Saturday openings for September, October and November will be shorter, from 10.30am to 2.30pm.
Visitors are reminded that the wearing masks inside the museum is now a legal requirement.
A spokesperson said: “The museum archivist will be on hand on September 12 to answer visitors’ questions.
“He is particularly keen to obtain local evidence of the lockdown, I.e. photographs, signs and personal recollections.
“There will also be a small exhibition on Pondersbridge kindly loaned by Whittlesey Museum.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
“Were you born at March Maternity Home? See our new acquisition the iconic sign that graced the outside of the home for many years.
“October will see a special exhibition in the museum yard on the Upwell Tramway which will be organised and sponsored by Mr Colin Bedford.
“Sadly, the museum’s ever popular Friday night talks have been cancelled for the rest of the year. These will resume in 2021.”
March Museum is run entirely by volunteers and those wanting to help out should email: firstname.lastname@example.org