March music journalist Matt releases debut book, ‘We Own the Night’, about the underground American hard-rock scene
- Credit: Archant
A March music journalist has released his first book, ‘We Own the Night’, which focuses on the “underground of the modern American hard-rock scene”.
Matt Karpe, who has lived in the town all his life, is a writer for UK print magazine Powerplay Rock & Metal.
The 30-year-old, who has been writing about his passion for the last four years, regularly interviews bands, reviews albums and live shows.
With a “pretty strong” list of contacts in the music industry both in the UK and US, Matt also runs his own Facebook page called ‘MK Rock & Metal’.
On the page, he shares rock and metal news as well as his own reviews and interviews from various publications.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I’ve been thinking about writing fiction novels for the last couple of years, but I could never make my mind up on a theme.
“I decided to write about what I know; I’m a massive music fan at heart. It’s always been a passion of mine.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Matt says he wants the book to “earn the bands exposure further afield than just the US.
“The book features 10 exclusive interviews with artists from various bands, as well as over 30 detailed biographies and a couple of short essays.”
Matt’s debut self-released book is available via Amazon Createspace (£8.99 paperback). He is also selling physical copies of ‘We Own the Night’ for £7 each: visit www.facebook.com/mkrocknroll1 to contact him directly.
He hopes to release ‘We Own the Night’ as an eBook in the future and is already working on get a publishing deal for his second book.