March operatic society prepare for Second World War inspired show
MARCH and District Amateur Operatic Society (MADAOS) is hoping to dazzle audiences with popular songs and monologues from the 1940s when it performs a revue show inspired by the Second World War.
Tickets are now on sale for “Pack Up Your Troubles”, which will feature comedy sketches, dancing and a host of wartime songs including “We’ll Meet Again” and “Goodnight Sweetheart”.
The show will be performed nightly at March Youth and Community Centre, in Station Road, from October 27-30 at 7:30pm with a Saturday matinee at 2:30pm.
Tickets cost �8 (�7 concessions) and are available from Greetings card shop in March.
The society is also performing a tribute in memory of its late president, Philip Morton.
You may also want to watch:
The performance, which will take place in Trinity Church, March on October 21 at 7:30pm, will include songs from Philip’s favourite shows. Tickets are available on the door for �5 each.
Claire Lilley, from MADAOS, said a quiz night is being planned for Tuesday November 9 and encouraged everyone to get involved with the society.
- 1 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 2 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 3 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 8 Care home residents enjoy a gift of touch screen technology
- 9 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
She said: “It’s a good way to meet new people and socialise and you don’t have to be theatrically orientated to participate, we are always looking for help behind the scenes with costumes, front of house and set-building. Everyone is welcome.”
For more information visit www.madaos.org