March operatic society prepare for Second World War inspired show
MARCH and District Amateur Operatic Society (MADAOS) is hoping to dazzle audiences with popular songs and monologues from the 1940s when it performs a revue show inspired by the Second World War.
Tickets are now on sale for “Pack Up Your Troubles”, which will feature comedy sketches, dancing and a host of wartime songs including “We’ll Meet Again” and “Goodnight Sweetheart”.
The show will be performed nightly at March Youth and Community Centre, in Station Road, from October 27-30 at 7:30pm with a Saturday matinee at 2:30pm.
Tickets cost �8 (�7 concessions) and are available from Greetings card shop in March.
The society is also performing a tribute in memory of its late president, Philip Morton.
The performance, which will take place in Trinity Church, March on October 21 at 7:30pm, will include songs from Philip’s favourite shows. Tickets are available on the door for �5 each.
Claire Lilley, from MADAOS, said a quiz night is being planned for Tuesday November 9 and encouraged everyone to get involved with the society.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 7 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 8 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 9 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 10 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
She said: “It’s a good way to meet new people and socialise and you don’t have to be theatrically orientated to participate, we are always looking for help behind the scenes with costumes, front of house and set-building. Everyone is welcome.”
For more information visit www.madaos.org