March clubs and residents raise over £2,000 in memory of ‘much loved’ Fen footballer
- Credit: Archant
Sports clubs and residents of March have come together to raise over £2,000 to help fund the funeral of a junior footballer from the Fens.
March Park Rangers organised the GoFundMe page at the weekend after player Kaleb Ablett died on December 30 following a short illness.
When the page was launched, a £3,000 target had been set to help Kaleb's family with the costs.
Writing on the GoFundMe page, the club said: "He was a fun loving, active child who loved nothing more than playing matches and training with his football team. Kaleb was a much loved member of our team who will forever be remembered by his football family."
A minute's silence was held before March Town's fixture on Saturday in Kaleb's memory. To donate, visit https://www.gofundme.com/f/zrnz6-in-loving-memory-of-kaleb-ablett?fbclid=IwAR2LdLCxP963aTaJItrs7vXT-67v821_IbJQiy-T51MK3uf80Wu6vILZI6o.
On Sunday (January 5), the Hares announced that club president Ray Bennett has died.
Bennett, who was 81, was involved with the club for over 50 years as a player, manager, secretary and treasurer.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier