March pet shop owner vows to protect geese from being attacked along Nene Parade
- Credit: Archant
A MARCH pet shop owner vowed to build kennels to protect geese from being attacked along Nene Parade.
Robert Phipps, of The Pet Shop, March, is acting after hearing two geese nests had been smashed and eggs broken by vandals.
He pledged to pay for and install the wooden kennels himself but hopes a March resident with a garden along the riverbank will donate a bit of land to house them.
He said: “I know there has been the odd complaint about geese along the Nene Parade but most people like them.
“I’ve been told that yobs have been smashing their eggs and have destroyed a couple of their nests so I want to protect them.
You may also want to watch:
“The shop will pay for the kennels and build them but we would be grateful if someone, preferably who lives nearby to the geese nests, would spare us a bit of their garden.”
If you would be willing to help contact The Pet Shop, March at 01354 653745 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire